EIGHTEEN new zero-day vulnerabilities found in Samsung Exynos chipsets

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 1:09:28 PM3/23/23
The resident Apple-hating trolls here who so often refer to Apple
zero-day vulnerabilities definitely won't like reading this:

Google finds 18 zero-day vulnerabilities in Samsung Exynos chipsets
<https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-finds-18-zero-day-vulnerabilities-in-samsung-exynos-chipsets/>
---
Project Zero, Google's zero-day bug-hunting team, discovered and
reported *18* zero-day vulnerabilities in Samsung’s Exynos chipsets used
in *mobile* devices, *wearables*, and *cars*.

The Exynos modem security flaws were reported between late 2022 and
early 2023. Four of the eighteen zero-days were identified as the most
serious, enabling *remote* *code* *execution* from the *Internet* to the
*baseband*.

These Internet-to-baseband remote code execution (RCE) bugs (including
CVE-2023-24033 and three others still waiting for a CVE-ID) allow
attackers to compromise vulnerable devices *remotely* and *without* any
user interaction.

"The baseband software does not properly check the format types of
accept-type attribute specified by the SDP, which can lead to a denial
of service or code execution in Samsung Baseband Modem," Samsung says in
a security advisory describing the CVE-2023-24033 vulnerability.

The only information required for the attacks to be pulled off is the
victim's *phone* *number*, according to Tim Willis, the Head of Project
Zero.

To make things even worse, with minimal additional research, experienced
attackers could easily create an exploit capable of remotely
compromising vulnerable devices without triggering the targets'
attention.

"Due to a very rare combination of level of access these vulnerabilities
provide and the speed with which we believe a reliable operational
exploit could be crafted, we have decided to make a policy exception to
delay disclosure for the four vulnerabilities that allow for
Internet-to-baseband remote code execution," Willis said.

The 14 remaining flaws (including CVE-2023-24072, CVE-2023-24073,
CVE-2023-24074, CVE-2023-24075, CVE-2023-24076, and nine others awaiting
CVE-IDs) are not as critical but still pose a risk. Successful
exploitation requires local access or a malicious mobile network
operator.

Based on the list of affected chipsets provided by Samsung, the list of
affected devices includes but is likely not limited to:

* Mobile devices from Samsung, including those in the S22, M33, M13,
M12, A71, A53, A33, A21, A13, A12 and A04 series;

* Mobile devices from Vivo, including those in the S16, S15, S6, X70,
X60 and X30 series;

* The Pixel 6 and Pixel 7 series of devices from Google;

* any wearables that use the Exynos W920 chipset; and

* any vehicles that use the Exynos Auto T5123 chipset.

Workaround available for affected devices

While Samsung has already provided security updates addressing these
vulnerabilities in impacted chipsets to other vendors, the patches are
*not* *public* and *can't* be applied by all affected users.

Each manufacturer's patch timeline for their devices will differ but,
for instance, Google has already addressed CVE-2023-24033 for impacted
Pixel devices in its March 2023 security updates.

However, until patches are available, users can thwart baseband RCE
exploitation attempts targeting Samsung's Exynos chipsets in their
device by disabling Wi-Fi calling and Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) to remove
the attack vector.

Samsung also confirmed Project Zero's workaround, saying that "users can
disable WiFi calling and VoLTE to mitigate the impact of this
vulnerability."

"As always, we encourage end users to update their devices as soon as
possible, to ensure that they are running the latest builds that fix
both disclosed and undisclosed security vulnerabilities," Willis added.
---

JR

badgolferman

Mar 23, 2023, 1:51:09 PM3/23/23
How is this Apple or iOS related?

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 2:27:56 PM3/23/23
On 2023-03-23, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> The resident Apple-hating trolls here who so often refer to Apple
>> zero-day vulnerabilities definitely won't like reading this:
>>
>> Google finds 18 zero-day vulnerabilities in Samsung Exynos chipsets
>
> How is this Apple or iOS related?

The first triggered troll speaks! So predictable. : )

Arlen regularly posts Android bullshit here (and always with a littel
juvenile troll about how iOS sucks in the same posts), yet we have
*never* seen badgolferman ask this question of Arlen, because the troll
gang never attacks itself. ; )

Joerg Lorenz

Mar 23, 2023, 2:28:50 PM3/23/23
Am 23.03.23 um 18:09 schrieb Jolly Roger:
> The resident Apple-hating trolls here who so often refer to Apple
> zero-day vulnerabilities definitely won't like reading this:
>
> Google finds 18 zero-day vulnerabilities in Samsung Exynos chipsets
> <https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/google-finds-18-zero-day-vulnerabilities-in-samsung-exynos-chipsets/>

Very old news.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Joerg Lorenz

Mar 23, 2023, 2:30:12 PM3/23/23
Am 23.03.23 um 19:27 schrieb Jolly Roger:
> On 2023-03-23, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The resident Apple-hating trolls here who so often refer to Apple
>>> zero-day vulnerabilities definitely won't like reading this:
>>>
>>> Google finds 18 zero-day vulnerabilities in Samsung Exynos chipsets
>>
>> How is this Apple or iOS related?
>
> The first triggered troll speaks! So predictable. : )

*You* are the Troll, dear.
Very primitive.

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 2:35:02 PM3/23/23
Another triggered troll heard from. : )

Joerg Lorenz

Mar 23, 2023, 2:38:09 PM3/23/23
Am 23.03.23 um 19:35 schrieb Jolly Roger:
> On 2023-03-23, Joerg Lorenz <hugy...@gmx.ch> wrote:

>>> The first triggered troll speaks! So predictable. : )
>>
>> *You* are the Troll, dear. Very primitive.
>
> Another triggered troll heard from. : )

Learn to filter.

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 2:38:15 PM3/23/23
On 2023-03-23, Joerg Lorenz <hugy...@gmx.ch> wrote:
Nope, the article was posted seven days ago. But it's understandable
that the Android zealots would be very upset that Android devices with
these baseband chips have EIGHTEEN new zero-days. : )

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 2:38:56 PM3/23/23
Take your own advice, Joergy boy.

Big Dog

Mar 23, 2023, 4:24:44 PM3/23/23
On 3/23/2023 2:38 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:

> Nope, the article was posted seven days ago. But it's understandable
> that the Android zealots would be very upset that Android devices with
> these baseband chips have EIGHTEEN new zero-days.

There are not one but two threads on the Android newsgroup about this
already the first of which was posted by Newskrawler the moment the
news of the Qualcomm issues was made public by Google.

Since you can discuss it there where it belongs & where details & lists of
affected devices is covered, why is this suddenly news on an iOS newsgroup?

sms

Mar 23, 2023, 4:52:55 PM3/23/23
On 3/23/2023 10:51 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> How is this Apple or iOS related?

Why would are favorite trolls care about sticking to Apple or iOS
related topics?!

Unfortunately, Zero-day exploits are a fact of life on both Android and
iOS devices. It's something we all have to deal with.

Google has already issued a security update for these vulnerabilities on
their Pixel devices. It's a 459MB update. As an aside, I just installed
the latest iOS 16.4 beta and it was 5GB.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Alan Browne

Mar 23, 2023, 5:00:52 PM3/23/23
On 2023-03-23 16:24, Big Dog wrote:

> Since you can discuss it there where it belongs & where details & lists
> of affected devices is covered, why is this suddenly news on an iOS
> newsgroup?

Regrettably we have some troll fleas we can't seem to shake, so JR is
firing shots back at them.

--
“Donald Trump and his allies and supporters are a clear and present
danger to American democracy.”

nospam

Mar 23, 2023, 5:21:44 PM3/23/23
In article <tvie74$1a1qe$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Why would are favorite trolls care about sticking to Apple or iOS
> related topics?!

why do you continually resort to ad hominem attacks?

> Unfortunately, Zero-day exploits are a fact of life on both Android and
> iOS devices. It's something we all have to deal with.

you're just making excuses.

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 5:22:44 PM3/23/23
On 2023-03-23, Big Dog <BD7...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/23/2023 2:38 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> Nope, the article was posted seven days ago. But it's understandable
>> that the Android zealots would be very upset that Android devices
>> with these baseband chips have EIGHTEEN new zero-days.
>
> There are not one but two threads on the Android newsgroup about this
> already the first of which was posted by Newskrawler the moment the
> news of the Qualcomm issues was made public by Google.

Interesting that the cross-posting troll Andy Burnelli (Arlen, and a
slew of other nyms) selectively chose not to cross post those threads to
the Apple newsgroups. ; )

> Since you can discuss it there where it belongs & where details &
> lists of affected devices is covered, why is this suddenly news on an
> iOS newsgroup?

You'll note I don't post to the Android newsgroups - ever. I'm not a
troll. You'll also note that several trolls regularly antagonize people
in the Apple news groups, including cross posting Android threads here,
always with little juvenile insults belittling Apple users. One of the
most active trolls (who goes by Andy Burnelli, Arlen Holder, and a slew
of other nyms) regularly trolls about Apple zero-day vulnerabilities. My
post was simply making people in the Apple news groups aware that
Android devices have zero-day vulnerabilities as well. If it wasn't for
Andy and his little troll gang constantly trolling the Apple news
groups, I would have likely just ignored this news, but I figure it
can't hurt to balance out the bullshit with a little reality.

What's it to you?

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 5:23:25 PM3/23/23
On 2023-03-23, Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com> wrote:
> On 2023-03-23 16:24, Big Dog wrote:
>
>> Since you can discuss it there where it belongs & where details &
>> lists of affected devices is covered, why is this suddenly news on an
>> iOS newsgroup?
>
> Regrettably we have some troll fleas we can't seem to shake, so JR is
> firing shots back at them.

Just a little harmless fun to balance out the constant barrage of troll
bullshit. : )

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 5:26:12 PM3/23/23
On 2023-03-23, sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 3/23/2023 10:51 AM, badgolferman wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> How is this Apple or iOS related?
>
> Why would are favorite trolls care about sticking to Apple or iOS
> related topics?!

That's funny coming from your little troll gang whose leader regularly
cross post off-topic Android threads here with little juvenile digs at
Apple.

> Unfortunately, Zero-day exploits are a fact of life on both Android
> and iOS devices. It's something we all have to deal with.

Yet the only zero-day vulnerabilities Arlen posts about are Apple's.
Strange, that.

> Google has already issued a security update for these vulnerabilities
> on their Pixel devices. It's a 459MB update. As an aside, I just
> installed the latest iOS 16.4 beta and it was 5GB.

Likewise, Apple long ago released updates for theirs - yet that doesn't
stop Arlen from mentioning them over and over, as recently as this
month. Strange...

Hank Rogers

Mar 23, 2023, 6:02:53 PM3/23/23
nospam wrote:
> In article <tvie74$1a1qe$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>

>> Why would are favorite trolls care about sticking to Apple or iOS
>> related topics?!
>
> why do you continually resort to ad hominem attacks?

To be fair, it is clear that you also resort to ad hominems. Often.

Your hands are not clean. But you'll deny it and raise a stink.

nospam

Mar 23, 2023, 6:18:16 PM3/23/23
In article <f04TL.1741026$iU59.1...@fx14.iad>, Hank Rogers
<ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> > In article <tvie74$1a1qe$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
> > <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
> >> Why would are favorite trolls care about sticking to Apple or iOS
> >> related topics?!
> >
> > why do you continually resort to ad hominem attacks?
> >

> To be fair, it is clear that you also resort to ad hominems. Often.

what i do is call out bullshit whenever i see it, which is not the same
as an ad hominem attack. if i insult someone, it's in response to their
insults and condescending attitude.

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 6:53:44 PM3/23/23
On 2023-03-23, Hank Rogers <ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>> In article <tvie74$1a1qe$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
>> <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Why would are favorite trolls care about sticking to Apple or iOS
>>> related topics?!
>>
>> why do you continually resort to ad hominem attacks?
>
> To be fair, it is clear that you also resort to ad hominems. Often.

I haven't seen him do that.

Hank Rogers

Mar 23, 2023, 7:32:58 PM3/23/23
It is still an ad hominem. You, and others attack the person, and
not the idea. Look it up.

When you reply to an ad hominem with another ad hominem, it is the
same. Tit for tat. Two assholes shitting on each other. Both are
splattered. Can't you see that?

nospam

Mar 23, 2023, 7:57:59 PM3/23/23
In article <Ik5TL.1216900$Tcw8....@fx10.iad>, Hank Rogers
<ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> It is still an ad hominem.

it is not. there is a difference between an ad hominem attack and
responding to attacks and refuting bullshit.

also, some people really are ignorant, so calling it out is merely a
statement of fact and not an insult or an attack. it's what it is.

> You, and others attack the person, and
> not the idea. Look it up.

nope. i attack the idea, with credible cites.

what the resident trolls (along with their many nyms & sockpuppets) do
is attack the person, because that's all they have.

they also deliberately lie and twist what was said, often using various
other logical fallacies. it's most amusing when they provide cites that
say the opposite of what they claim because they don't understand what
it is they're even arguing about, which happened yet again just a few
days ago.

badgolferman

Mar 23, 2023, 8:35:28 PM3/23/23
Stop talking about Jolly Roger like that!

Jolly Roger

Mar 23, 2023, 8:57:43 PM3/23/23
From badgolferman on Mar 8, 2023, 8:36:01 AM:
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/Fhyivd8Cgh8/m/rPICQgfgAwAJ>
---
NewsKrawler wrote:

>> That's almost as exciting as all the new emojis in iOS 16.4...
>
>Many must care enough for Yellow for Apple to have manufactured it.
>Apple must think enough people care for Yellow for sales to increase.

Yes, those who must stand out and demand attention.
---

Note how his lame ad hominem *wasn't* in response to ad hominem. ; )

David E. Ross

Mar 23, 2023, 11:27:09 PM3/23/23
Stop talking about yourself like that!
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

rdb

Mar 23, 2023, 11:30:43 PM3/23/23
On 23 Mar 2023, Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> posted some news

>>> why do you continually resort to ad hominem attacks?
>>
>> To be fair, it is clear that you also resort to ad hominems. Often.
>
> I haven't seen him do that.

You haven't seen yourself doing it either!

Jolly Roger

Mar 24, 2023, 1:52:00 PM3/24/23
On 2023-03-24, David E. Ross <nob...@notme.invalid> wrote:
> On 3/23/2023 4:57 PM, nospam wrote:
>> In article <Ik5TL.1216900$Tcw8....@fx10.iad>, Hank Rogers
>> <ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> It is still an ad hominem.
>>
>> it is not. there is a difference between an ad hominem attack and
>> responding to attacks and refuting bullshit.
>>
>> also, some people really are ignorant, so calling it out is merely a
>> statement of fact and not an insult or an attack. it's what it is.
>>
>>> You, and others attack the person, and not the idea. Look it up.
>>
>> nope. i attack the idea, with credible cites.
>>
>> what the resident trolls (along with their many nyms & sockpuppets)
>> do is attack the person, because that's all they have.
>>
>> they also deliberately lie and twist what was said, often using
>> various other logical fallacies. it's most amusing when they provide
>> cites that say the opposite of what they claim because they don't
>> understand what it is they're even arguing about, which happened yet
>> again just a few days ago.
>
> Stop talking about yourself like that!

The fact that the best you trolls can muster is the utterly juvenile "I
know you are, but what am I" says it all... : )

Jolly Roger

Mar 24, 2023, 1:53:09 PM3/24/23
I've done it in retaliation to ad hominem. I have no problem admitting
that. Trolls deserve no tolerance.

sms

Mar 24, 2023, 2:07:43 PM3/24/23
On 3/23/2023 8:27 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

<snip>

> Stop talking about yourself like that!

Quite amusing to see the two most prolific trolls, who never provide
cites or references, getting so upset about those of us that continually
post referenced facts. Do they work for Fox News?

nospam

Mar 24, 2023, 2:12:25 PM3/24/23
In article <tvkote$1p443$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Quite amusing to see the two most prolific trolls, who never provide
> cites or references, getting so upset about those of us that continually
> post referenced facts. Do they work for Fox News?

more of your projection and ad hominem attacks, after having been
called out on your endless lies.

gtr

Mar 24, 2023, 2:36:56 PM3/24/23
On 2023-03-24 11:12:23 +0000, nospam said:

> more of your projection and ad hominem attacks, after having been
> called out on your endless lies.

Nobody is perfect but nospam and jolly roger are probably among the worst
for what they are saying everyone else does. They may even be the worst.

What do you think?

Are nospam and jolly roger the worst at what they say everyone else is?

badgolferman

Mar 24, 2023, 3:19:33 PM3/24/23
Does it matter? There is so much vitriol from all sides in this group it’s
difficult to find anything of value anymore.

Jolly Roger

Mar 24, 2023, 3:28:28 PM3/24/23
On 2023-03-24, sms <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 3/23/2023 8:27 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> Stop talking about yourself like that!
>
> Quite amusing to see the two most prolific trolls, who never provide
> cites or references

Coming from the actual troll who never provided any references for your
claims that Face ID supposedly doesn't work well in the dark, or that
AirTags supposedly don't work well in moving vans (just to name the two
most recent of a long line of false unsubstantiated claims you've made
here), that means less than nothing. Your trolls are useless.

Jolly Roger

Mar 24, 2023, 3:29:19 PM3/24/23
Arlen's nym-stealing "gtr" again. Pathetic.

Jolly Roger

Mar 24, 2023, 3:29:43 PM3/24/23
On 2023-03-24, badgolferman <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Maybe you trolls should leave then.

Jim S

Mar 24, 2023, 3:44:59 PM3/24/23
In article <news:tvkt44$1prb4$1...@dont-email.me>, badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> says...

> Does it matter? There is so much vitriol from all sides in this group it¢s
> difficult to find anything of value anymore.

While usenet newsgroups have always had their "vitriol", if you look at
only the operating system newsgroups, this group has the most, doesn't it?

Why do you think mostly this group but not Android, Linux or Windows groups
do NOT have the "vitriol" (anywhere near this group) that you speak of?
--
Jim S

nospam

Mar 24, 2023, 4:02:55 PM3/24/23
In article <tvkujp$36k5r$1...@paganini.bofh.team>, Jim S
<j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:

> While usenet newsgroups have always had their "vitriol", if you look at
> only the operating system newsgroups, this group has the most, doesn't it?

definitely not.

what this group has are two instigators, along with their entourage of
sockpuppets, who deliberately seek to disrupt everything in their path
and then blame others.

sms

Mar 24, 2023, 6:17:25 PM3/24/23
On 3/24/2023 12:44 PM, Jim S wrote:

<snip>

> Why do you think mostly this group but not Android, Linux or Windows groups
> do NOT have the "vitriol" (anywhere near this group) that you speak of?

This happens when you have a product or service where some of the users
are insecure about the purchasing choices that they have made. They have
a need to defend their choices by attacking anyone that points out a
feature that a competing product or service has that the product that
they have chosen lacks. They don't understand that it would be better to
be honest about pointing out any limitations or missing features in
order to encourage the manufacturer or service provider to consider
adding those features.

The reason that I prepared "the document," and why it has grown to 113
pages, is because I explain in detail the features of iOS that Android
users wish they had, and vice-versa, plus I provide references and
citations to ensure that those looking at the document have a way to
verify the information. As you've seen with the trolls, they rarely
provide any references or citations, and they are infuriated that they
are unable to dispute anything that I included in the document.

Since I use both platforms on a regular basis, I have a level of
knowledge that our trolls do not have. Sitting at work now, I have on my
desk:
1 iPhone
1 iPad Pro
1 Mac Mini
1 Android phone
1 Android tablet
2 Windows laptops

However we deal mostly with Android here because we use it in embedded
IOT devices, and since it's much easier to develop and deploy Android
applications, the control of those IOT devices is via Android tablets
and phones.

---------------------------------------•-----------------------------------------
55 iOS & iPhone Features Which [many] Android Users Wish they Had &
218 Android & Android Phone Features Which [many] iOS Users Wish
they Had
<https://tinyurl.com/iOS-Android-Features>

113 Pages of Extensively Referenced Information with Hundreds of
Citations
✓ 100% Fact Checked ✓
---------------------------------------•-----------------------------------------

Bob Campbell

Mar 24, 2023, 6:36:34 PM3/24/23
Jim S <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:

> Why do you think mostly this group but not Android, Linux or Windows groups
> do NOT have the "vitriol" (anywhere near this group) that you speak of?

That’s fairly easy to answer. Most iOS users are Actual Adults AND they
act like Actual Adults.

It would never occur to Actual Adults to post absurd bullshit in the
Android groups.

OTOH, we have Troll Kiddies like Arlen and his innumerable sock puppets.
You can tell he is child by what he posts and the way he posts it. He
continues to post ridiculous claims as if they are facts.

For example. He claims that every time Apple updates iOS - EVEN IF ONLY A
SINGLE LINE OF CODE WAS CHANGED - that Apple rebuilds the ENTIRE iOS image
and sends that out to every device.

He claims that Apple uses “small, substandard” batteries in iPhones. Never
mind that iPhones ALWAYS have the best battery life. Why? Because the
chipsets that Apple designs (not to mention iOS) are way more power
efficient than everyone else.

He tried to claim that Android could do “Cross Platform, Ultrasonic File
Transfers” and was actually pointing out that there was no such app in the
App Store. Never mind that there is no such thing as “Ultrasonic File
Transfers”. It is physically impossible. He made a total fool of himself
on that one. Even more so than he usually does whenever he opens his
mouth.

He is always babbling on that Apple insists you always have to be logged
into “Apple mothership servers” to do ANYTHING on iOS.

And on and on and on.

Note that he posts all of this crap as facts. I don’t know which is
worse: that he actually believes this nonsense or that he is just such a
disgusting troll that he keeps on posting this shit - over and over and
over - not caring what a total douchebag he is being.

He also claims to have iPhones and iPads. Yet, from the above (very tiny)
sample, it is clear that he has never even seen iOS, let alone own it and
use it every day.

He is also incredibly stupid to keep inventing sock puppets. He does not
understand how easy it is to see by reading the message headers. Not to
mention the fact that it is bloody obvious when a new name appears here but
the new name knows everyone and all of the history here.

Duh.

All of this points to a child. Socially, technically and mentally not an
adult.

THAT is why there is so much “vitriol” in Apple groups. 25 years ago -
when the argument was Windows vs Macs - we saw the same shit. Retarded
Windows users posting absurd shit about Macs. But that was when Windows
was 95% of the market and Macs were 4%.

But times have changed. Now that Windows is under 60% (and still dropping)
and Macs are 30% (and still climbing) (these are U.S. numbers) the topic
has turned to phones. No Windows geek is going to dare to praise Windows
and ridicule Macs with numbers like that.

But it is the same tired arguments. “Macs (iPhones) are for children.
Real Men use Windows (Android).” As if the computer you use has any
bearing on “being a man”

Again, sounds like children doesn’t it?

It has always appeared to me that the trolls are just jealous. They are
desperately trying to cobble together some solution (with Windows and
Android) that Macs and iPhones just do automatically. The goal is always
“see I can do this without the (alleged) walled garden”.

I’m sure it appears to them - from the outside looking in - as a “walled
garden”. Actually, its just a gated community. It keeps out the
riffraff.

Which is what trolls are. Unwanted/unknown weirdos walking by your house
every day. That’s why gated communities exist.

The tl;dr shortcut is this. Why do Apple hating trolls spend SO MUCH time
here? What is your point? If you are trying to prove you are children
then you have succeeded. Probably your only success in life thus far.

But DO notice that no one here goes trolling in Android groups. Why?
Because we don’t give a damn about you or Android. We have actual lives
and are Actual Adults.

Hank Rogers

Mar 24, 2023, 6:44:07 PM3/24/23
You seem to do a lot of that yourself, with your sycophants assisting.

You are no different than andy burneli.

He is an asshole wearing an android army uniform.

You are an asshole wearing an apple uniform.

But both of you are assholes.

nospam

Mar 24, 2023, 7:46:24 PM3/24/23
In article <uAWdnS_H56d6uIP5...@supernews.com>, Bob
Campbell <nu...@none.none> wrote:

> He tried to claim that Android could do łCross Platform, Ultrasonic File
> Transfers˛ and was actually pointing out that there was no such app in the
> App Store. Never mind that there is no such thing as łUltrasonic File
> Transfers˛. It is physically impossible.

actually, it's very possible.

it's basically an analog modem. one device encodes the data into sounds
and the other device listens and decodes it.

the only requirement for it to be ultrasonic is that the microphone and
speaker on the devices have a response beyond what humans can hear. if
not, it will be an audible file transfer.

it's also incredibly inefficient.

wifi is a *lot* faster. even lowly bluetooth is faster.

it might be an interesting project for someone to lean about digital
signal processing, however.

> He made a total fool of himself
> on that one. Even more so than he usually does whenever he opens his
> mouth.

true.

> But DO notice that no one here goes trolling in Android groups. Why?
> Because we donąt give a damn about you or Android. We have actual lives
> and are Actual Adults.

yep.

buy whatever you want. nobody cares. except the trolls, who are upset
they bought the wrong stuff and jealous that they can't do things as
easily, or not at all.

nospam

Mar 24, 2023, 7:46:28 PM3/24/23
In article <tvl7hj$1rie1$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> The reason that I prepared "the document,

is to troll.

> " and why it has grown to 113
> pages, is because I explain in detail the features of iOS that Android
> users wish they had, and vice-versa,

that's a false premise.

nobody wishes they had features available on a different device,
otherwise they would have bought that different device.

another problem is that you intentionally omit a *significant* number
of ios features (nearly 100 by my count) and lie about many of its
existing features, claiming limitations that do not actually exist.

this is deliberate, so that the 'document' fits your narrative, that
ios is missing a lot of functionality.

for someone who claims to 'have a level of knowledge' that others do
not have, how is it you neglected to mention any of those missing
features? how is it you get so much wrong? either your level of
knowledge is much lower than you think, or you're lying. likely both.

you also list utterly meaningless stuff for android, such as 'screen
body ratio'. nobody goes into a store and asks for a phone with the
best screen body ratio. nobody who has an iphone wishes their screen
body ratio was a problem.

> plus I provide references and
> citations to ensure that those looking at the document have a way to
> verify the information.

and when they do verify it, they realize just how much those links are
cherry-picked, how biased and absurd your claims actually are and how
little you actually understand about any of it.

for example, citing a fingerprint manufacturer's claims as proof that
fingerprint sensors are good is one of the more amusing ones. what are
they going to say?

another example was your claim that android had mac address filtering
first, citing a link to apple. all you did was a quick search, without
understanding what it is you were searching for, which is why you got
it wrong. as it turns out, apple introduced mac address filtering
nearly a decade ago, long before android even thought about it, let
alone copying it several years later.

> As you've seen with the trolls, they rarely
> provide any references or citations, and they are infuriated that they
> are unable to dispute anything that I included in the document.

very much false.

nearly everything has been disputed, with numerous cites, references,
photos, videos, apps, source code, developer documentation, hardware
products and more.

you ignore all of it, because it doesn't fit your narrative. your goal
is not about facts, it's about trolling.

the only person who is infuriated is *you*, which is why you resort to
ad hominem attacks (which is all your post really is) and continually
pretend to be the expert you're not while making ridiculous claims that
are trivially shown to be false.

> Since I use both platforms on a regular basis,

many people do. you're not the only one.

and the word 'use' is doing a lot of work here.

there's a big difference between powering it on and doing some simple
things and knowing what the full potential of the devices actually are.

you fall into the former group.

> I have a level of
> knowledge that our trolls do not have.

that is completely unsupported by the evidence.

if that were true, you wouldn't get so much wrong.

literally anyone who has used an iphone with face id knows that it
works *very* well in the dark, and in fact, that's when it works the
best because there's no interference from any other light sources.
further, anyone who has read about its design and how it works knows
that it does not require ambient light, even if they've never actually
used it themselves.

anyone who has used airtags knows that they work in a wide variety of
conditions, including inside trucks, cars and other metal enclosures.

your claim that *two* android phones would be a better choice than a
single airtag is laughable, while ignoring that somehow an android
phone inside a metal truck and which uses the same frequency bands as
an airtag can penetrate the metal when an airtag cannot.

your 'level of knowledge' is at ground level. it's so low that even
insects look down on you (and if they could laugh, they would).

> and since it's much easier to develop and deploy Android
> applications,

spoken by someone who has never written an app for either platform.

just about everyone who has done both knows that writing ios apps is
quite a bit easier for all sorts of reasons, including the huge number
of ios frameworks available and how much they actually do. using them
often requires little more than a few lines of code, and in some cases,
no code. another is that ios apps and mac apps can share code, greatly
simplifying development and testing. xcode, despite its flaws, is much
better than android studio. testing ios apps is also much easier. the
list goes on.

Hank Rogers

Mar 24, 2023, 8:20:07 PM3/24/23
That's the same shit arlen harps on. Are you two brothers?

Jolly Roger

Mar 24, 2023, 9:52:48 PM3/24/23
Because your little troll gang isn't trolling there.

Jolly Roger

Mar 24, 2023, 9:56:31 PM3/24/23
On 2023-03-24, Hank Rogers <ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>> In article <tvkujp$36k5r$1...@paganini.bofh.team>, Jim S
>> <j...@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> While usenet newsgroups have always had their "vitriol", if you look
>>> at only the operating system newsgroups, this group has the most,
>>> doesn't it?
>>
>> definitely not.
>>
>> what this group has are two instigators, along with their entourage
>> of sockpuppets, who deliberately seek to disrupt everything in their
>> path and then blame others.
>
> You seem to do a lot of that yourself, with your sycophants assisting.

Trolls like you always claim it's other people who are "the real
trolls".

> You are no different than andy burneli.

Andy Burneli goes out of his way to come to Apple newsgroups to troll.
And you, sms, badgolferman, and a slew of sockpuppets are sycophants who
regularly defend him.

> He is an asshole wearing an android army uniform.

He's a loser.

> You are an asshole wearing an apple uniform.

Nah, he just corrects your troll gang's bullshit, and you hate that.

> But both of you are assholes.

As are you. So am I. Big fucking deal. The difference is we aren't
disrupting and trolling non-Apple newsgroups - that's your team.

Jolly Roger

Mar 24, 2023, 9:59:42 PM3/24/23
On 2023-03-25, Hank Rogers <ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>> In article <uAWdnS_H56d6uIP5...@supernews.com>, Bob
>> Campbell <nu...@none.none> wrote:
>>
>>> But DO notice that no one here goes trolling in Android groups.
>>> Why? Because we don¹t give a damn about you or Android. We have
>>> actual lives and are Actual Adults.
>>
>> yep.
>
> That's the same shit arlen harps on. Are you two brothers?

The fact that you believe sarcastically throwing a troll's lame lines
back at him makes them the same in your simple world says a lot about
you. This ain't the "gotcha" you think it is, silly boy.

RonTheGuy

Mar 24, 2023, 10:14:08 PM3/24/23
On Mar 24, 2023, nospam wrote
(in article<news:240320231946263946%nos...@nospam.invalid>):

> nobody wishes they had features available on a different device,
> otherwise they would have bought that different device.

While I have to give you credit for always knowing what EVERYONE wants,
I can't speak for everyone (like you do), but I'm sure there are people on
the iPhone who wish they had a 3.5mm jack, portable battery or sd card.

Ron, the humblest guy in town.

Neil

Mar 24, 2023, 10:20:25 PM3/24/23
On 3/24/2023 9:56 PM, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> You seem to do a lot of that yourself, with your sycophants assisting.
>
> Trolls like you always claim it's other people who are "the real
> trolls".

If you and nospam left this newsgroup, it would be civil again without you.
--
best regards,

Neil

RJH

Mar 24, 2023, 10:26:05 PM3/24/23
On 24 Mar 2023 at 5:53:06 PM, Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

> I've done it in retaliation to ad hominem. I have no problem admitting
> that. Trolls deserve no tolerance.

To you a "troll" is someone who says something you don't want anyone to
say, so you censure them with tirades after insults after complaints, not
because of what they said, but because you don't like what they said.
--
Cheers, Rob

nospam

Mar 24, 2023, 10:35:49 PM3/24/23
In article <1ira8algylv4v$.d...@news.solani.org>, RonTheGuy
<r...@null.invalid> wrote:

> but I'm sure there are people on
> the iPhone who wish they had a 3.5mm jack, portable battery or sd card.

if they did, they would have bought something that had those.

since iphones are among the best selling smartphones worldwide, with
*eight* out of the top ten spots, it's overwhelmingly clear that those
features are not important, at all.

Jolly Roger

Mar 25, 2023, 2:28:12 AM3/25/23
Bullshit, Arlen, sms, badgolferman, and their slew of sock puppets would
continue to sling juvenile jokes and insults to belittle Apple users
here. The reason you dislike nospam, me, and others who return what the
trolls dish out is because you are one yourself.

Jolly Roger

Mar 25, 2023, 2:29:27 AM3/25/23
On 2023-03-25, RJH <patch...@gmx.com> wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2023 at 5:53:06 PM, Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> I've done it in retaliation to ad hominem. I have no problem
>> admitting that. Trolls deserve no tolerance.
>
> To you a "troll" is someone who says something you don't want anyone
> to say

Nope, trolls lie. You just like their lies because you are one of them.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 25, 2023, 9:43:09 PM3/25/23
Jolly Roger wrote:

> You'll note I don't post to the Android newsgroups - ever.

For the permanent Usenet record, below is an _adult_ observation...

iKooks NOT being on Windows/Linux/Android ngs is _why_ they're cordial.

*The _only_ reason for discord on Apple newsgroups is the religious iKooks.*
*(iKooks viciously attack any possible slight against their God*

Saying a fact, even when well known, against Apple, initiates their ire.
It's like saying "Mohammad is NOT a God" to wacko Islamic fundamentalists.

Just watch. This newsgroup would be normal if it weren't for iKooks.
--
Mohammad misspelled on purpose so as not to initiate religious ire.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 27, 2023, 4:04:07 PM3/27/23
For the permanent record, and for adults to take note of,
Jolly Roger just said, multiple times, in this thread just now,
*Android is irrelevant for this Apple iPhone newsgroup*

Fancy that.
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/OQk2_G0iYoM/m/bGbsD5OIAQAJ>

Where Jolly Roger says, and I quote:
"Android is irrelevant here, trollboi."
"You don't know what I own, and Android is irrelevant in the Apple newsgroups anyway, trollboi. "
"Android is irrelevant here, trollboi. "
"Android is irrelevant here, trollboi."
"Android is irrelevant here, trollboi."
etc.

Not only a half dozen times in a single post does Jolly Roger say
"Android is irrelevant here, trollboi."

But Jolly Roger claims anyone who brings up Android in this newsgroup,
*is a troll*

Fancy that.
*Jolly Roger _is_ a troll*

Fancy that.
*If Jolly Roger left this newsgroup, it would become civil again.*

Fancy that.

allen

Mar 27, 2023, 4:07:17 PM3/27/23
So true.

badgolferman

Mar 27, 2023, 4:15:04 PM3/27/23
allen wrote:

>Andy Burnelli <nos...@nospam.net> said:
>
>> For the permanent record, and for adults to take note of,
>> Jolly Roger just said, multiple times, in this thread just now,
>> *Android is irrelevant for this Apple iPhone newsgroup*
>>
>> Fancy that.
>>
>><https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/OQk2_G0iYoM/
>>m/bGbsD5OIAQAJ> Where Jolly Roger says, and I quote:
>> "Android is irrelevant here, trollboi."
>> "You don't know what I own, and Android is irrelevant in the
>>Apple newsgroups anyway, trollboi. " "Android is irrelevant here,
>>trollboi. " "Android is irrelevant here, trollboi."
>> "Android is irrelevant here, trollboi."
>> etc.
>>
>> Not only a half dozen times in a single post does Jolly Roger say
>> "Android is irrelevant here, trollboi."
>>
>> But Jolly Roger claims anyone who brings up Android in this
>>newsgroup, *is a troll*
>>
>> Fancy that.
>> *Jolly Roger is a troll*
>>
>> Fancy that.
>> *If Jolly Roger left this newsgroup, it would become civil again.*
>>
>> Fancy that.
>
>So true.

Every time Jolly Roger says something I have to quickly unplug my irony
meter lest it blow up again.

sms

Mar 27, 2023, 6:26:55 PM3/27/23
On 3/27/2023 1:15 PM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> Every time Jolly Roger says something I have to quickly unplug my irony
> meter lest it blow up again.

You could also just filter out him, and the other prolific trolls. It
makes the newsgroup much more readable.

badgolferman

Mar 28, 2023, 7:02:57 AM3/28/23
sms wrote:

>On 3/27/2023 1:15 PM, badgolferman wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>Every time Jolly Roger says something I have to quickly unplug my
>>irony meter lest it blow up again.
>
>You could also just filter out him, and the other prolific trolls. It
>makes the newsgroup much more readable.

If I did that then nearly everyone would be filtered out since all of
you think everyone else is a troll.

nospam and his group think you and Arlen are trolls. You think nospam
and his group and Arlen are trolls. Lorenz thinks everyone is a troll.
Jolly Roger, Alan Browne think I am a troll.

Who else is there left to leave unfiltered?

sms

Mar 28, 2023, 11:08:28 AM3/28/23
On 3/28/2023 4:02 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> If I did that then nearly everyone would be filtered out since all of
> you think everyone else is a troll.

Pretty sure you can tell who is actually a troll. Just look at who
provides referenced facts and who just engages in personal attacks.

badgolferman

Mar 28, 2023, 11:20:49 AM3/28/23
sms wrote:

>On 3/28/2023 4:02 AM, badgolferman wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>If I did that then nearly everyone would be filtered out since all
>>of you think everyone else is a troll.
>
>Pretty sure you can tell who is actually a troll. Just look at who
>provides referenced facts and who just engages in personal attacks.

By that definition YOU cannot consider Arlen a troll since he provides
cites and somewhat respects you, so why do you filter him out?

sms

Mar 28, 2023, 11:37:23 AM3/28/23
On 3/28/2023 8:20 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> By that definition YOU cannot consider Arlen a troll since he provides
> cites and somewhat respects you, so why do you filter him out?

Maybe he's changed, but in the past that was not the case.

nospam

Mar 28, 2023, 11:44:16 AM3/28/23
In article <tvuvta$3ptjt$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Pretty sure you can tell who is actually a troll. Just look at who
> provides referenced facts and who just engages in personal attacks.

*you* constantly engage in personal attacks (including right now), plus
whatever cites you provide are easily refuted with referenced facts
from reputable sources.

you also make absurd claims that are obviously wrong, knowing full well
what the responses will be.

by your own metric, you are a troll.

badgolferman

Mar 28, 2023, 12:02:48 PM3/28/23
nospam wrote:

>In article <tvuvta$3ptjt$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
><scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Pretty sure you can tell who is actually a troll. Just look at who
>> provides referenced facts and who just engages in personal attacks.
>
>you constantly engage in personal attacks (including right now), plus
>whatever cites you provide are easily refuted with referenced facts
>from reputable sources.
>
>you also make absurd claims that are obviously wrong, knowing full
>well what the responses will be.
>
>by your own metric, you are a troll.

So we now have the battle of opposing facts!

Andy Burnelli

Mar 28, 2023, 12:17:47 PM3/28/23
sms wrote:

>> By that definition YOU cannot consider Arlen a troll since he provides
>> cites and somewhat respects you, so why do you filter him out?
>
> Maybe he's changed, but in the past that was not the case.

Hehhehheh... Thanks badgolferman for realizing I provide cites for
everything I claim and, let's be clear, I _test_ the claims of the iKooks.

I'm like you in that I don't filter out Steve, nor nospam, nor even Jolly
Roger, but I did have to filter out Snit & Alan Baker, and even Joerg
recently, as they have never added even an iota of value to this ng.

And let's be clear, I post detailed screenshots _proving_ what I claim.
I'm highly educated, and therefore I _know_ credibility is critical.

Steve is fine, with the exception of his Verizon shilling, which I think
Steve mentioned he had a fiduciary relationship with them so maybe that's
why but if it's not that, I can't understand why he shills for them.

I think Steve's document is pretty good, and definitely extensive, where
all the iKooks can say is every line out of thousands must be wrong, which
just isn't true.

Steve, to his credit, has earned a college degree, in EE no less, so he's
not stupid like the iKooks either - and - get this - Steve reads the news.

I have bought a lot of the stuff Steve advertises, as Steve is a shrewd
searcher for the best possible deal, which I have always thanked him for.

Steve's politics are off to the edges, as are Alan Browne's, which is too
far off center for me (to them, since I'm a centrist, I'm the wacko, simply
for holding views that weren't fed to me to believe).

Speaking of views fed to me, my views are my own, and they are always
backed up by the facts, where I don't say it if it's not a fact, and,
let's be very very very very very very very clear.

1. I almost never state a fact wrong. It's almost unheard of.
(Not because I'm a genius but because I don't say things that aren't
backed up in the references so my belief system is based on evidence.)

2. If I do, perchance, make a mistake (e.g., a math error in Covid
calculations, which Chris kindly pointed out or a subscription price
omission which nospam pointed, out, I admit it openly and instantly.

My credibility is the most important asset I own, and if Steve thinks
I'm not credible, ask him to point out even _one_ instance where he
says I'm wrong - and I will respond.

Almost always it's when Steve didn't use the same metrics, by the way,
when he disagrees with the facts that I state.

Take the example of the percentage of Android phones with some feature,
such as 3.5mm jacks or sd slots, and I will run a search for _all_
Androids, if that's what I'm claiming, and he will run a _different_
search of only the Androids he likes.

Those are _different_ statistics.
Steve always says I'm wrong when he doesn't even _show_ his search.

I always do.
You know that.

I've been on Usenet for as long as anyone so I don't really care, but the
result of Steve filtering me out is he _remains_ ignorant of many facts.

It's his choice to remain ignorant.
But let's be clear.

Nobody can show a single fact I've ever stated in all my years on Usenet
that was wrong - or - if it was - that I didn't instantly readily admit it.

My ego is NOT tied up in Usenet like theirs is.
I'm here, and on all the OS newsgroups, for one main reason:
a. To learn from others and to disseminate knowledge;

And, specifically for Apple newsgroups, I have another goal...
b. To prove to the world what strange people the iKooks are.

If Steve wants to filter me out, so be it.
It's his loss. Not mine.

Steve backs up "most" of his facts (although he lied about Verizon
coverage over T-Mobile for some unknown reason), and I back up mine.

You can't ask for more, especially since iKooks just make everything up.

CDB

Mar 28, 2023, 12:24:49 PM3/28/23
Are you saying the people you call ikooks don't back up their denials?
They do.

You say something.
They say it's wrong.

You provide a cite.
They say it's wrong.

You show screen shots.
They say they're wrong.

They back up every denial they give you.
With another denial.

Everything in that Google document for example, they say is wrong.
There's nothing you can say that will ever change their minds.

Whatever you say.
They say is wrong.

And they believe it too.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 28, 2023, 12:38:59 PM3/28/23
nospam wrote:

>> Pretty sure you can tell who is actually a troll. Just look at who
>> provides referenced facts and who just engages in personal attacks.
>
> *you* constantly engage in personal attacks (including right now), plus
> whatever cites you provide are easily refuted with referenced facts
> from reputable sources.
>
> you also make absurd claims that are obviously wrong, knowing full well
> what the responses will be.
>
> by your own metric, you are a troll.

*The irony meter is about to blow...*

The irony meter is on full tilt screamingly pegged whenever Jolly Roger or
nospam say everyone else denies facts and everyone else acts like a child.

Speaking of refuting facts, how many times has nospam deliberately changed
a factual quote simply because he had no _adult_ response to that fact,
and then, after changing the quote, nospam posted his childish 'ftfy' crap?

Thousands upon thousands of times, right?

*How many times has nospam outright denied facts everyone else knows?*
Thousands of times, right?

How many times has nospam said a feature that is on all other phones is
"not wanted" and "not needed" simply because Apple couldn't figure out how
to implement it (or if Apple decided not to provide that feature at all)?

Thousands, right?

*How many times has nospam or Jolly Roger insulted a poster* simply for
posting a fact about Apple products they simply didn't like?

Thousands right?

*The irony meter is about to blow...*

RonTheGuy

Mar 28, 2023, 1:00:36 PM3/28/23
On Mar 28, 2023, Andy Burnelli wrote
(in article<news:tvv570$qrqn$1...@paganini.bofh.team>):
When the trolls say everyone else is a troll, the irony meter has already
blown up as it's an alternate reality only nospam and Jolly Roger live in.

Sail Fisherman

Mar 28, 2023, 1:06:49 PM3/28/23
On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 16:02:47 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
<REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> scrit:

> So we now have the battle of opposing facts!

Speaking of "opposing facts", did you see the news that Apple has almost
*twice* the number of zero-day bugs reported yesterday, than Android did?

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/365534220/Apple-security-updates-fix-33-iPhone-vulnerabilities
Apple security updates fix 33 iPhone vulnerabilities

Why did jolly roger advertise only 18 Android bugs when Apple has 33 of
them and jolly roger didn't even know about it nor did he write about it.

Maybe jolly roger is waiting for the Android group to mention it perhaps?

sms

Mar 28, 2023, 1:52:11 PM3/28/23
On 3/28/2023 10:07 AM, Sail Fisherman wrote:

<snip>

> Speaking of "opposing facts", did you see the news that Apple has almost
> *twice* the number of zero-day bugs reported yesterday, than Android did?

Google has spent a lot of effort on improving security.

Security researchers agree that high-end Android devices (including
Samsung devices with Knox) are now the most secure consumer mobile
devices. See
<https://bayton.org/android/gartner-comparison-of-security-controls-for-mobile-devices-2019/>.

This is a drastic change from ten years ago. But it's good to see that
Apple appears to be making a strong effort to improve security.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 28, 2023, 2:27:16 PM3/28/23
sms wrote:

> This is a drastic change from ten years ago. But it's good to see that
> Apple appears to be making a strong effort to improve security.

Steve us correct that Apple has almost twice the number of recent bugs
and, interestingly so, the iKooks like Jolly Roger are oblivious of it.

Unlike normal people, the iKooks _never_ read anything in the news.
They only know the MARKETING bullshit that Apple feeds them daily.

Steve is correct Android is far superior to iOS in security nowadays.
But, as Steve noted, it wasn't always that Android was more secure.

Steve has a point that Android has made drastic improvements over the
years, whereas iOS is stuck in the stone age with its monolithic iOS
updates.

Android updates seamlessly, almost every day, and certainly weekly and
definitely monthly (depending on the type of update needed).

Almost all of it using the Google Play Update mechanism that doesn't even
need the carriers or manufacturers to be involved.

Just the Internet.

What I find revealing is how the iKooks are all unaware of these drastic
improvements in Android security - because they never read any news.

The iKooks only get their "news" from Apple marketing brochures.
They still think Android is updated only yearly, for example.

Meanwhile, as Steve noted, Andriod is updated almost daily nowadays.
--
(Only iOS uses the stone age primitive monolithic update mechanism.)

nospam

Mar 28, 2023, 4:26:52 PM3/28/23
In article <tvv9g9$3riog$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> Security researchers agree that high-end Android devices (including
> Samsung devices with Knox) are now the most secure consumer mobile
> devices.

logical fallacy, and false.

> See
>
> <https://b

that doesn't say what you think it does.

it's nothing more than a checklist, which represents a lack of
understanding about real world security. it's also not recent, with a
2019 date. lastly, gartner is a consulting firm, not security experts.

the reality is the opposite.

the question is a given phone at risk for its contents to be accessed
without the owner's permission, and that's overwhelmingly easier for
android, for a variety of reasons.

law enforcement, tasked with trying to get into criminal's phones
without the luxury of a passcode, have a *much* easier time with
android devices than ios devices.

recall the san bernardino shooter case, where apple was threatened with
a lawsuit to make it easier.

more recently, look at the android baseband hack, where all anyone
needs is the user's phone number. that's *it*. the user does not need
to open an email, tap a link or install a nefarious app. that's
*incredibly* bad.

nearly all mobile malware targets android.

apple is almost always first to deploy security enhancements, such as
secure enclave, mac address filtering, app tracking transparency and
various other technologies. android generally follows (although they're
still working on att).

those who actually understand how things work know that android is
overall *less* secure, although it has caught up to ios in some ways.

<https://medium.com/@drsoft/android-vs-ios-security-which-one-is-more-se
cure-23f198f06948>
Oddly enough, researches from Symantec show, after analyzing both
Android and iOS versions of the apps, that some Android apps request
more permission than their iOS variation. For example, seven Android
apps required access to SMS messages while their iOS version didn't.
This makes you wonder. Why the same app can run on iOS without this
permission but can't do it on Android devices?
Although Android makes significant changes in an effort to prevent
apps containing malware of hitting its Market place, there are still
highly ranked apps with numerous downloads that have been found
to contain malware. The situation is even worse when you install apps
from somewhere other than the Android official store.
Because Android has so many devices that it has to serve and
more manufacturers into play, it is nearly impossible to update all
of them at once to the same level of security.

<https://nordvpn.com/blog/ios-vs-android-security/>
App marketplace security
Winner: iPhone
Device manufacturers
Winner: iPhone
Updates to patch vulnerabilities
Winner: iPhone
Support for third party security apps
Winner: iPhone and Android
Operating system source code security
Winner: iPhone and Android
Popularity
Winner: iPhone
iOS vs Android security: The winner isŠ

So what is more secure: Android or iOS? Studies show that mobile
malware targets Android much more than iOS, so for this reason,
and all the others stated in this article, iOS is more secure. While
you can remove malware from Android and iPhone, it¹s better not
to get it in the first place.

Android has been working hard to clean up its act. David
Kleidermacher, the head of security for Android at Google, has
even said that Android¹s security now equals that of its rival, iOS.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 29, 2023, 3:51:18 AM3/29/23
nospam wrote:

> ecurity researchers agree that high-end Android devices (including
>> Samsung devices with Knox) are now the most secure consumer mobile
>> devices.
>
> logical fallacy, and false.

FACT:
No smartphone has more zero-day holes (for years!), than the iPhone.

ASSESSMENT:
*To own an iPhone is to _already_ be hacked*

It's a fact, nospam, that Android is _far_ more secure than iOS, where all
you know is the pure marketing bullshit that Apple feeds you to believe.

The reality is that security is far too complicated for you to comprehend,
as there are actually some things where iOS is more secure, but far more
where Android is far more secure - where it's not a 1:1 correspondence.

But you know none of that because all you know is what Apple feeds you in
the glossy marketing brochures which only tout what Apple is good at, but
which never cover what Apple is terrible at (e.g., iPhone zero day holes).

> recall the san bernardino shooter case, where apple was threatened with
> a lawsuit to make it easier.

It's no longer shocking how you fall for every marketing trick in the book.

> more recently, look at the android baseband hack, where all anyone
> needs is the user's phone number. that's *it*. the user does not need
> to open an email, tap a link or install a nefarious app. that's
> *incredibly* bad.

It's a fact, whether you understand it or not, nospam, that the iPhone has
the absolute worst track record on zero-day bugs for years running, nospam.

*To own an iPhone is to already be hacked*

There are reasons for this, most of which is Apple never finds their
zero-day bugs, but all of the reasons are well beyond your comprehension.

> those who actually understand how things work know that android is
> overall *less* secure, although it has caught up to ios in some ways.

*You fall for every marketing trick in the book nospam.*

I repeat there is no phone with more zero-day holes than the iPhone.
You believe all Apple's marketing bullshit - but you can't deny that fact.

*To own an iPhone is to _already_ be hacked*, nospam.

All the marketing bullshit in the world doesn't change this one fact:
*There is no smartphone with more zero day holes than the iPhone*

You can deny that fact because you hate that fact.
But you can't deny that fact using facts simply because it is a fact.
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to try to explain iPhone lack of 0-day security.

nospam

Mar 29, 2023, 8:30:24 AM3/29/23
In article <u00qlj$14tv0$1...@paganini.bofh.team>, Andy Burnelli
<nos...@nospam.net> wrote:

> > recall the san bernardino shooter case, where apple was threatened with
> > a lawsuit to make it easier.
>
> It's no longer shocking how you fall for every marketing trick in the book.

that had absolutely nothing to do with marketing.

rest of your ignorant drivel snipped.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 29, 2023, 1:52:37 PM3/29/23
nospam wrote:

>>> recall the san bernardino shooter case, where apple was threatened with
>>> a lawsuit to make it easier.
>>
>> It's no longer shocking how you fall for every marketing trick in the book.
>
> that had absolutely nothing to do with marketing.

Hi nospam,

For the permanent record, and for the purpose of responding to your lack of
knowledge, I will treat you as if you're an adult in this message, nospam.

Actually it does. Very much so. On both sides, in fact. You're no fan of
James B. Comey (and neither am I, because of his political shenanigans).

I doubt you own the cognitive capacity to understand the details, so I will
summarize for your low-IQ brain that Comey had _hundreds_ of iPhones to
choose from, all of which had data far more important than _that_ iPhone.

There was something "special" about _that_ iPhone, nospam, and you don't
even own the cognition to realize what it was, bearing in mind it was a
_government_ owned iPhone so they _knew_ there would be almost nothing on
it that they didn't _already_ have since they had their own recent backups.

No. You won't be able to comprehend what intelligent people can, nospam.

Comey carefully chose _that_ iPhone because it had special shock value.
He chose it _specifically_ because he wanted to garner _emotions_ nospam.

If you think Comey isn't an intelligent & shrewd politician, then you'd be
wrong, nospam, because he played a game and Apple was happy to play along.

Since you iKooks never read the news, you're likely completely blissfully
unaware that they eventually did get a full dump off that phone (courtesy
of the zero-day holes which I already explained to you all iPhones have).

And there was nothing of import (which, of course, they knew ahead of time
was going to be the case since they had plenty of the phone's backups).

Because you iKooks own the brain of Alan Browne, Snit, Alan Baker, Jolly
Roger, Lewis, et al., you can't even fathom why Apple played along, nospam.

Apple was _also_ quite happy to "make a stink" about the phone, even as
Apple helped them as much as Apple could, but behind the scenes.

To their credit, Apple didn't implement a back door just for them, nospam,
but _nobody_ would have done that (not even Samsung or Huawei, who, heh
heh, point being taken when I mention Huawei that they likely already have
given it to China - but that's also too complex for your low IQ brain).

In summary, I doubt you own the adult cognitive skills to comprehend that
Comey was playing political games and Apple was happy to play along.

It suited both of them in terms of the politics & marketing they wished to
publicly achieve (even though both of them worked closely together behind
the scenes).

In the end, it doesn't change the fact that the security between iPhones
and Android phones is COMPLETLY DIFFERENT in that the iPhone is incredibly
insecure in so many ways it's hard to count, even as Android is also as
insecure in some of those many way.

One of which though, is the iPhone has the most zero-day holes (for years
on end) of any smartphone on this planet - which is a damning fact, nospam.

*To own an iPhone is to _already_ be hacked!*
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to faithfully explain to these incredibly dense
iKooks what anyone with normal adult cognition already long ago knew.

nospam

Mar 29, 2023, 2:44:44 PM3/29/23
In article <u01tt2$18jch$1...@paganini.bofh.team>, Andy Burnelli
<nos...@nospam.net> wrote:

> >> It's no longer shocking how you fall for every marketing trick in the book.
> >
> > that had absolutely nothing to do with marketing.
>

> Actually it does. Very much so.
> Comey carefully chose _that_ iPhone

comey worked for apple? in the marketing department?

did the fbi not pay him enough that he had to take on a second job?

or maybe you're full of shit.

one of those has merit. the other is ludicrous delusional idiocy.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 29, 2023, 3:42:49 PM3/29/23
nospam wrote:

> comey worked for apple? in the marketing department?

Jesus Christ, nospam, you are an imbecile.

That's not even an ad hominem attack. It's just a fact based on your
imaginary belief that James Comey worked for Apple (which nobody said).

> did the fbi not pay him enough that he had to take on a second job?

As I had surmised, nospam, none of you iKooks owns the adult cognition to
comprehend Comey was playing political games and Apple was happy to play
along as Apple was playing marketing games about imaginary iPhone security.

> or maybe you're full of shit.

You don't own the adult cognitive skills to comprehend that the situation
suited both Comey & Apple in terms of the politics & marketing they wished
to publicly achieve (even though both of them worked closely together
behind the scenes to get everything off the iPhone - which they did).

> one of those has merit.

In the end, the fact you iKooks never read the news doesn't change the fact
that the security between iPhones and Android phones is COMPLETLY DIFFERENT
in that *the iPhone is incredibly insecure* in so many ways it's hard to
count them, even as Android is also as insecure in some of those many way.

> the other is ludicrous delusional idiocy.

The fact remains a fact, whether you can comprehend that fact nor not...

FACT:
*The iPhone has the most zero-day holes of any smartphone on the planet*

Given you have never read the news, when you tout the imaginary security of
the iPhone, you always must completely ignore that damning fact, nospam.

ASSESSMENT:

nospam

Mar 29, 2023, 3:48:39 PM3/29/23
In article <u024bl$198uq$1...@paganini.bofh.team>, Andy Burnelli
<nos...@nospam.net> wrote:

> That's not even an ad hominem attack.

nobody said it was.

> It's just a fact based on your
> imaginary belief that James Comey worked for Apple (which nobody said).

you said the lawsuit was apple marketing and then said comey chose a
particular iphone for the lawsuit, which would have to be part of their
marketing effort.

your words.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 29, 2023, 4:36:56 PM3/29/23
nospam wrote:

> you said the lawsuit was apple marketing and then said comey chose a
> particular iphone for the lawsuit, which would have to be part of their
> marketing effort.

I tried to treat you as if you own the cognitive skills of a normal adult.

I wonder if you realize the reason you're an iKook is because you do not.

This is the epitome of an iKook, nospam... it's who you are...
<https://img.yumpu.com/6936343/1/500x640/standouts-the-beat-within.jpg>

Nic

Mar 31, 2023, 10:57:58 AM3/31/23
nospam doesn't understand politics or marketing because he's proselytizing
like they used to do at airports telling us there is only one god, his god.